My thoughts are that water is going to be a very valuable resource, and also in great need after the shift.

The issue is how to carry it.  Personally I have several Camelbak back packs, these I use when mowing the lawn and general jobs around the house outside.  I am trialing what works and what does not.

The several bags that I am trialling I will keep the ones that work for me and give away to survivors after the shift the ones that "just do the job".  I think it is important for each person to have their own in your group, as it is just not practical having to carry around a bottle of water, you need hands free.

Little kids 4 years + should have a bag with just a bladder, (and you can only put a litre in it if they are finding the going getting tough), and adults can have the larger bags with large 3 litre bladders.

The website in the photos are the local Australian stockist or you can find them at your local adventure store.  The Camo bag for kids, and the bigger black bag for adults.  There is a very large range and even if you do make a mistake, you can always pass them onto survivors later.

We have set ours up with radios, and often go for a walk with our ("rescue" as my 5 yr son calls it), packs on.  Simply field testing the equipment now.  Don't forget to get spare parts you may need before the shops shut - forever!

Communication

UHF 2 way radios, with 12V chargers.  I am showing what we have purchased and am open to any and all suggestions.  This particular set was chosen as it has an external ear piece, and the ability to plug in ear phones, to make the entire unit "stealth", not giving away your position, if hunting or in a situation where you don't want to draw attention to yourself and your community.

These models have a 77 channel capability, which is more than the standard out there at the moment.

5 Watts of power give these a good range, and should last a full day without a recharge.  Handy also is a UHF or better radio scanner, as it could let you know who is in your local area.

Views: 1194

Replies to This Discussion

many places in the after-time, that are cold now will become warm or tropical.  Good to know that we can get packs like this now, rather than wait until the last minute.  It's also good to know about keeping well hydrated in hot climates.  know now rather than suffering later.

Great point @KM,

Still a very large subject to comprehend (poleshift), you are right, and there is much the people of the world can share with others ahead of time.  Living in hot climates, or soon to be hot climates requires a different approach.  It is imperative that if you are not used to the heat to drink at least 1 litre of water before 9am, and another again before 12 midday.  It will take at least 5 years for the blood to thin out from going from a cold climate to a tropical climate.

The quantities are only a guide, but DO NOT underestimate having to drink water EARLY in the day, as heat stress will be difficult to first recognise before Heat Stroke, which is life threatening.  The time between Heat Stress and Heat Stroke is in many cases very short.  I have also thought there may be times when the whole earth will experience extreme cold no matter what continent we live on, as part of the process of the shift.  Your cold climate knowledge would be helpful.

KM said:

many places in the after-time, that are cold now will become warm or tropical.  Good to know that we can get packs like this now, rather than wait until the last minute.  It's also good to know about keeping well hydrated in hot climates.  know now rather than suffering later.

Thanks Evelyn, living and working in cold climates it's easy for those who are used to it to recognize that they too need to drink regularly.  Keeping well hydrated in a cold climate is equally as important as in a warm or hot climate.  Going outside and working, sweating and not rehydrating can lead to dehydration very quickly.  In a warm climate sweating and rehydration seems logical, but in a cold climate it doesn't but the same principles apply. 

RSS

SEARCH PS Ning or Zetatalk

Search:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Donate

Donate to support Pole Shift ning costs. Thank you!

© 2024   Created by 0nin2migqvl32.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service