We (my family) have a summerhouse (rus."dacha") outside my city.

It is not permanent settlements - people usually have gardens there and use this to either grow their own crops or as a place to rest and relax. These people are city dwellers who were granted these small pieces of land by the state in the Soviet times.

There is nothing like luxurious cottages or swimming pools there - just small cabins these "settlers" managed to build with their own hands for their scant earnings. Sometimes just a shed on a piece of field where they keep tools and a small brick house (such as mine) at most.

This "settlement" (quite a lot of land owners) is outside the city, near the adge of natural and old forest, neighbouring a village.

There is no electricity, nor running water, not even to mention natural gas or centralised heating.

So i see this summer "cottage" as my survival site - only option that i can have at this time, and not bad at all.

Few years ago i assumed larger part of responsibility for this patch of land as my aging grandparents are no longer able to devote the effort needed. I am trying to learn gardening, and am doing carpenter choirs needed.

I want tro share my experience, and hope it can be an inspiration to others!

photoes:

http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww78/veresay/dacha/?start=0

http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww78/veresay/dacha%20vacation%20...

Views: 1626

Replies to This Discussion

this is what i looked like after 2 weeks - unshaved 'Taliban' terrorist!

AND, i also noticed how UNREALISTICALLY high the Sun is in the sky!

it was like 15-20 degrees to be almost directly overhead, which is UNREAL for my lattitudes, even in th esummer!

Earth Rattle is surely with us! And this is a cause for this global heatwave
This a cute little place, looks like the fairies live there too, like a storybook. I am going to read your pages later, I'll mark the link
Andrew,
We missed your thoughtful posts while you were gone! Your dacha is a little piece of heaven!
Steve

RSS

SEARCH PS Ning or Zetatalk

Search:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Donate

Donate to support Pole Shift ning costs. Thank you!

© 2024   Created by 0nin2migqvl32.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service